March 19, 2012

MSc in Computer Game Engineering @ NCL



Hello Everyone!!

I know I've been far away from blogging in a long time, more precisely since September 9 2011, when today it's March 19, 2012. Before you get angrier with me, let me explain why I've been so faraway lately:

In late September I started master degree program in the United Kingdom, at the Newcastle University, then right now I'm studying MSc in Computer Game Engineering, where I've learnt so much about programming in C++, OpenGL, Maths for Graphics, Memory Management, even how to program for the PS3 using the Sony Official SDK, isn't it so exciting??

That's my main reason for being so distant from my blog, another was the overhear that was moving from México City to Newcastle Upon Tyne: baggages, computers, clothes and almost my entire life, however I forgot my tennis shoes back home.


Just as simple like this: if you want to start developing the core engine of video games, this master program is such a really good start!!, not only you will learn how to program for real, also you will have the experience of real academia from research and industry as their best flavors, if you don't believe me, look at these profiles: Graham Morgan, Gary Ushaw, Richard Davison, this last one such a real guru in graphics and programming.

And for you to believe me, here are two videos that execute code using part of Richard's framework into the PS3 Dev Kit:



This was the first demo that I did:



Not to forget the coursework that I did for Graphics in, of course, an iPad!!:



And also a physics simulation for the Tech subject:



Also you could visit the webpage we did for our team project in the semester two:


http://homepages.cs.ncl.ac.uk/2011-12/csc8506-Team5/index.html

By the way, I am searching for projects to do in summer, sending CV's to many companies, if you'd like to know more about my work, email me and I'll try to get back as soon as possible.


No comments:

Post a Comment